We have updated our EKS control planes and nodes to the latest supported version: 1.15. This brings EKS on K8s v1.15.11.
In the process of upgrading EKS we updated:
- KubeProxy from 1.14.9 to 1.15.11
- Cluster Autoscaler from 1.14.11 to 1.15.5
- Although there’s also a newer 1.15.6 release, we’ve noticed a huge increase in memory usage and are holding of further updates to the autoscaler for now.
- AWS VPC CNI from 1.5.5 to 1.5.7
Upon writing, all staging clusters have been upgraded. Production clusters will follow during the course of next week.
Important changes between K8s 1.14 and 1.15
This release doesn’t bring many new features, however focusses on stability and improving support for K8s API extensibility through CRDs and validation thereof.
- Improved support for CRDs and validation thereof
- Support for configuring TLS termination on NLB load balancers
- NodeLocal DNSCache graduates from alpha to beta
Actions to take
No actions from customer-side are required.