As part of our regular upgrade cycle, the following Kubernetes cluster components have been updated. We’ve already rolled these out to all non-production clusters in the past days. Production upgrades are scheduled to happen next week during business hours. As usual, no workload interuptions are expected.
It’s mainly patch and minor upgrades, with no notable changes, a part from some bug fixes and performance improvements. Grafana however get’s a major upgrade, going from v8 to v9.
Shared Addons (AKS & EKS)
Click each link to go to the full upstream changelog.
- cloudwatch-exporter 0.14.3
- elasticsearch-exporter 1.5.0
- fluent-bit 1.9.6
- This also includes a fix for properly rereshing K8s Service Account tokens
- grafana-agent 0.24.2 -> 0.26.1
- kube-prometheus-stack chart 35.2.0 -> 39.4.0
- This brings updates to alertmanager, prometheus-operator, prometheus, grafana, etc.
- grafana 9.0.5
- New Prometheus and Loki query builders (don’t worry, you can still use direct query code too)
- New heatmap panel
- Starred dashboards in the navigation bar
- And many more, make sure to read the linked release notes
- prometheus 2.37.0
- Several performance and resource enhancements related to TSDB and the WAL
- prometheus-operator 0.58.0
- We’ve updated deprecated alertmanager config options to the new ones
- loki 2.6.1
- Improved query performance on instant queries